Car strikes Little Caesar's pizzeria at Irondequoit Plaza this morning | News
The Little Caesar's at Irondequoit Plaza, 525 Titus Ave., was open for "pizza pizza" about 10:45 a.m. this morning when the cry could have been "car, car."
A car struck the Little Caesar's storefront going at a slow speed, Sgt. John Ballesty said just after noon today, but added there was still "a substantial amount of damage" to the pizzeria. No one was injured.
The car was operated by a woman, who had her son in the car as a passenger, Ballesty said. He added that he did not yet have her name.
The driver was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and aggravated unlicensed operation.
The driver claimed the brakes on her car malfunctioned, causing the crash, Ballesty said, but noted that the Irondequoit Police Department is currently doing its own brake inspection on the car.
Ballesty said three plate glass windows in the front of the store were broken, and a small brick wall was caved in. Support posts for the front of the store were not touched, however, he said.
Top Irondequoit Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies: Farmington man hit woman with baseball bat, bit and punched her
- Assemblyman Reilich's office to particpate in Relay for Life of Greece, Paint the Town Purple event
- Crescent Beach Restaurant could reopen by fall
- Victors' gymnast Sky Symonds crowned state champion
- Illegal immigration discussed at Lifetree Cafe