Henrietta man charged with trying to rob bank in Irondequoit | Crime
A 40-year-old Henrietta man has been arrested for trying to rob the Bank of America on East Ridge Road in Irondequoit on Wednesday.
Police say Jerold Walden entered the bank wearing a RG&E hard hat, passed a note to the teller demanding money but left before he received any money.
Several hours later, Greece Police responded to the report of a suspicious man at the Chase Bank on Dewey Avenue and Stone Road. Investigators say this man was dressed the same as the man who entered the Bank of America in Irondequoit. Police say the suspect did not attempt anything at Chase Bank.
Greece Police supplied Irondequoit investigators with the information and Walden was arrested Thursday for third-degree attempted robbery.
Walden was arraigned and remanded to the Monroe County Jail without bail. He is due in Irondequoit Town Court on April 17 at 3 p.m.
RG&E officials say the suspect charged was not an RG&E employee and that they are working with police to determine how the suspect obtained the RG&E hat.
Upcoming Events near Irondequoit
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- “God’s Comic” Brad Stine to deliver holy hilarity and more at Roberts Wesleyan College
- Town of Gates to hold 46th annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Westside forecast for April 15th
- Mobile DMV Hours in Chili extend hours Tuesday to assist stolen license plate victims
- Police: Gates man flashes fake badge at police, claims to be an officer
- Greece woman found guilty in connection with West Webster tragedy
- What Really Makes People Happy Explored at Lifetree Cafe
- Jury deliberates in trial of Greece woman linked to West Webster tragedy
- Town of Greece to hold old fashioned Fourth of July celebration
- Prosecution rests in trial of Greece woman linked to West Webster tragedy