Friendly's "Cones for Kids" campaign sets fundraising record | Community Service
Early this year, Friendly’s Restaurants LLC launched its 31st annual Cones for Kids campaign to benefit Easter Seals and those living with disabilities and special needs. And, 2012 proved be an unprecedented year for the campaign. It raised a record-breaking total of $171,614 to benefit Easter Seals New York’s programs in Western New York.
Since 1981, Friendly’s employees and customers have joined together to raise funds for children and adults living with autism and other special needs. Over the past decade alone, Upstate New York Friendly’s guests have donated more than $1.3 million to Easter Seals New York.
The Cones for Kids campaign ran from January 16 through February 26 at Kessler Family Friendly’s Restaurants in Upstate New York. Each restaurant guest who made a $5 donation to Easter Seals New York received a coupon book.
The Easter Seals' Kessler Center opened its doors on July 11, 2011 in Irondequoit. The center offers highly individualized special education, fully-supported residential living, clinical care, and respite services for children and young adults with disabilities or special needs in Upstate New York.
Upcoming Events near Irondequoit
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Greece CSC to hold "Friends N Fun" Social Program
- Guilty verdict in 2010 triple homicide in Greece
- Edna Tina Wilson Living Center in Greece announces multi-million dollar renovation project
- Town of Greece to hold annual Christmas Tree Lighting
- Greece Performing Arts Society presents "Greece Community Orchestra's 11th Annual Concert"